Saturday, January 31, 2009

Communication

Yesterday morning dh was trying to get dressed; I'd laid his clothes out on the bed as usual. I walked into the room and he was rummaging about -- clearly distraught and looking for something.
"Can I help?"
"I can't find, I can't find ... my ... dirty things."
"Huh?"
"You know! My dirty things."
I'm not sure how I figured this one out, but he was looking for his underwear and let me assure all of us that it was clean :)

The day before he got a bit upset with me because I was giving him way too many oranges. "I mean, I'm only supposed to eat ONE!" He held one slice of orange in his hand and emphasized his point with it. Of course, he was considering each slice of one small clementine an entire orange.
Language can be so sticky!

No comments:

Post a Comment